To inquire about getting your medicinal cannabis prescription, FIND A DOCTOR and schedule an exam today with a local OK doctor.
Medical Marijuana in Oklahoma
Medical Marijuana in Oklahoma
Are you looking to get your medical marijuana prescription in Oklahoma? The talented team of doctors that work with CalmEffect are here to help guide you through every single step of the process.
Keep reading to learn the CalmEffect difference and how to get your medical card in OK.
See a Medical Marijuana Doctor
Medical cannabis can be used for many different symptoms and patients can often get a bit confused by the process. Let our talented staff help you.
Simple 3 Step Process
Want to get your medical cannabis prescription quickly and efficiently? Our 3 step process allows you to get in contact with a doctor near you fast.
Am I Eligible?
If you are in a medical marijuana state, and suffer from a condition that can be treated with cannabis, inquire about a medical marijuana doctor consultation today!
Qualifying Conditions for Medical Marijuana in Oklahoma
· The decision to recommend cannabis therapy is up to the discretion of the treating physician
· There are NO qualifying conditions for medical marijuana in Oklahoma, all you need is a certified physician’s recommendation
· People can apply for medical marijuana by going to - omma.ok.gov
How Much Medical Marijuana Can I Have in Oklahoma?
Patient Possession Limitations:
· Those possessing a state-issued license may possess the following:
o Up to eight ounces of marijuana in their residence; up to one ounce of concentrated marijuana
o Up to 72 ounces of edible marijuana
o Up to six mature marijuana plants
o Up to six seedling plants
o Up to three ounces of marijuana on their person.
- Getting an Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Card
How to Apply in Oklahoma:
Step 1). Start the Application
- Go to state’s official medical marijuana platform
- Provide full name and date of birth
- Provide permanent mailing address
- Current physician information
- Patient signature dated within 30 days of the application date
Step 2). Find a Dr and Schedule and Appointment
- To be clear, not all Oklahoma doctors are required to participate in the medical marijuana program. If your current doctor has chosen not to recommend medical marijuana for his or her patients, you will need to locate another doctor in the state who does.
- Basically, the process is as simple as downloading the Physician Recommendation Form, bringing it into your doctor’s appointment, and then having the doctor’s office scan it into the computer so you can submit it along with your online application.
- It is important to know that all physician recommendation forms must be submitted within 30 days of submitting your application
Step 3). Gather and Submit All Other Necessary Documents
- Proof of Oklahoma residency
- Proof of identity
- A full-face digital photograph
Pay the Application Fee and Submit Your Completed Application
- Once you have completed the online application, submitted the Physician Recommendation Form, and submitted all other necessary documentation, you then must pay the online application fee and submit your application for review by the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA).
How much does it cost to get an Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Card?
Application fees are as follows:
- Standard application fees are $100
- Reduced-fee applications are available for $20 for those who qualify (and can provide proof of enrollment in) Medicaid (SoonerCare) or Medicare.
- *[All application fees MUST be paid with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit or debit card. If you do not have a credit or debit card, you must find a retail store that offers pre-paid Visa or MasterCards and purchase one there].
- **Also, be advised that these fees DO NOT include physician consultation fees that will be necessary to receive your Physician Recommendation Form.
- Once the application and fees have been submitted in their entirety, the application will be reviewed for approval by OMMA. If everything is in order and you are approved for medical marijuana, you will receive an approval letter in the mail within 14 days of the application submission, along with your valid MMJ card that allows you to buy medical marijuana in Oklahoma dispensaries.
Our 3- Step Doctor Process Works.
By following these steps, if your doctor recommends medical marijuana as a solution for your condition and unique symptoms, you'll be eligible for a Oklahoma medical marijuana card with access to our growing roster of dispensaries across the entire state. Mail-order and walk ins are available.
Medical Marijuana in Oklahoma
Oklahoma is widely known for its “cowboy” culture and western heritage. There is also no shortage of entertainment in Oklahoma, as it is home to the famous Bricktown District, the Oklahoma City Museum of Art, the Myriad Botanical Gardens & Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory, and so much more. If you’re a sports fan, Oklahoma has a plethora to offer in that department, as it is home to the professional basketball team, the Oklahoma City Thunder, and the legendary college football team, the Oklahoma Sooners. Oklahoma is also home to some of the most mouthwatering food in the country, including Oklahoma style barbeque, signature fried onion burgers, and classic chicken fried steak to name a few.
How do I get a medical marijuana prescription in Oklahoma?
Patients are required to be eighteen years or older; if a patient falls under the category of being a minor, a parent or legal guardian is required for authorization. The state of Oklahoma does not have a law that includes a list of qualifying conditions for medical marijuana. In Oklahoma, doctors are able to recommend medical marijuana licenses using their judgment, just like they would do for any other form of prescription. This law leaves it up to the discretion of any state registered physician to recommend medical cannabis for patients in Oklahoma.
How do I get my medical cannabis card in Oklahoma?
Patients are required to provide proof of residency and proof of identity and must have been evaluated by a qualified physician who has recommended medical marijuana as a viable treatment option. After receiving a recommendation for medical marijuana by a certified physician, the patient must then register with the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) and submit their application for their medical marijuana card. There is a $100 fee that can be paid via credit or debit card; all applications are submitted online.
Where can I purchase medical marijuana in Oklahoma?
Once you have obtained your certification for medical marijuana, patients in Oklahoma can then visit any medical cannabis dispensary in order to purchase medicine. Patients are also permitted to purchase seeds from licensed dispensaries and grow their own at home; patients are allowed up to six plants.
Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Doctors: Our Service Areas
Our roster of Medical Cannabis Doctors are ready to serve you in these areas and more. Once connecting with a Doctor through Calm Effect, you will have access to our roster of medical marijuana dispensary locations.
- Oklahoma City
- Broken Arrow
Our informed Advisors can connect you with a Doctor and the Medical Marijuana Dispensary closest to you. Go Natural with Alternative Natural Medicine.
December 23, 2019
Renewed Effort to Legalize Recreational Marijuana in OK Launched Today
A second group will file a constitutional amendment with the secretary of state's office to legalize recreational marijuana. It's unclear what it will do for hundreds of new businesses, but we do know some medical marijuana advocates have expressed concern about recreational. Cannabis Party Oklahoma is holding a news conference today at 4:20 pm Monday, at the state capitol. Among the amendments the group wants to the state constitution: The release of everyone in jail for cannabis possession and reparations for them. This is a separate petition from State Question 806, which was filed two weeks ago, that would allow recreational marijuana, along with a 15 percent excise tax. SOURCE