Medical Marijuana in Missouri
Medical Marijuana in Missouri
Get your Missouri Medical Marijuana Card online!
See a certified medical marijuana doctor online by registering today!
3 Steps to get medical marijuana in Missouri!
Getting a Missouri medical marijuana card is easy if you qualify.
Residents of Missouri who are 18 years of age and have one of the qualifying conditions can see a medical marijuana doctor. Then there’s just a three step process:
- See a qualified medical marijuana doctor online
- Complete the state application and register with the state of Missouri
- Visit a licensed dispensary
Fortunately, Missouri allows telemedicine appointments via your computer. Doctors that have been approved by the State of Missouri can recommend/prescribe medical marijuana. You can obtain an appointment quickly using online/telemedicine appointments. Registering for a consultation is quick and easy and the telemedicine tool allows you to see the doctor from the comfort of your own home at a time that is convenient for you. Patients find that the consultation is a comfortable experience and much better than having to travel to visit a doctor in person. Typically the consultation can last from 15 to 30 minutes.
How fast can I see a medical marijuana doctor?
That depends, the medical marijuana doctors in Missouri can see patients all over the state online. Many times there is a doctor available immediately, other times you will schedule a time that is convenient for both of you and then you’ll visit the telehealth website during the appointment schedule time. The key is to register immediately so you can see the doctor for your evaluation appointment as soon as possible.
What do I need for a Missouri medical marijuana card appointment?
- Missouri drivers license or state ID
- Medical records so you can share documentation of a covered condition
- Medical history. Be prepared to share information about your condition and the symptoms. Also, you’ll want to review what else you’ve tried to alleviate symptoms and share your experiences with medical cannabis or other solutions.
What happens at the medical marijuana appointment.
You’ll review your medical history with the physician. The doctor will want to know about your symptoms as well as the diagnosis so he/she can recommend a proper medical marijuana treatment. The doctor may provide you with a certain amount of medical marijuana education depending on your experience with cannabis. As mentioned above, sharing with the doctor any other information like any medicine you may have taken to alleviate symptoms and whether you had success.
What if I’m not approved for an Missouri Medical Marijuana Card?
Don’t worry. If you don’t qualify with one of our doctors for a medical card, you won’t be charged! You’ll get a full refund for the appointment.
How to purchase medical marijuana in Missouri.
Once a Missouri resident medical marijuana patient has been approved and received their medical card, they can visit a licensed dispensary to purchase the medical marijuana products. The dispensaries will ask to see the medical card as proof you are allowed to purchase.
Medical marijuana patients have to pay for their cannabis medicine with cash. Unfortunately, credit cards and other methods of payment are not accepted yet.
Missouri – Qualifying Conditions:
Per Article XIV of the Missouri Constitution, a qualifying medical condition is:
- Intractable migraines unresponsive to other treatment
- A chronic medical condition that causes
- severe, persistent pain or
- persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those associated with
- multiple sclerosis, seizures,
- Parkinson’s disease,
- and Tourette’s syndrome
- Debilitating psychiatric disorders, including, but not limited to,
- post-traumatic stress order, if diagnosed by a state-licensed psychiatrist
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- A chronic medical condition that is normally treated with prescription medications that could lead to physical or psychological dependence, when a physician determines that medical use of marijuana could be effective in treating that condition and would serve as a safer alternative to the prescription medication
- A terminal illness
- In the professional judgment of a physician, any other chronic, debilitating or other medical condition, including, but not limited to,
- hepatitis C,
- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis,
- inflammatory bowel disease,
- Crohn’s disease,
- Huntington’s disease,
- sickle cell anemia,
- agitation of Alzheimer’s disease,
- and wasting syndrome.
You can get more info on our Missouri medical marijuana conditions information page.
NEW TeleMed Doctor Appointments are NOW Available in Missouri!
Ready to find out more?
Fill out our simple form to get started!Get Info
By following these steps, if your doctor recommends medical marijuana as a solution for your condition and unique symptoms, you’ll be eligible for a medical marijuana card with access to our growing roster of dispensaries across the entire state. Mail-order and walk ins are available.
Where to buy marijuana in Missouri?
Check out our Missouri marijuana dispensary city by city list to find dispensaries in Springfield, Kansas City, St. Louis and more.
Have a card and looking or Missouri dispensary deals?
We’re capturing Missouri marijuana deals as soon as we hear about them!
Missouri Medical Marijuana Doctors
Missouri Medical Cannabis Doctors are ready to serve you in these areas and more. Once connecting with a Doctor through Calm Effect, you will have access to our roster of medical marijuana dispensary locations:
- Kansas City Area
- Columbia Area
- Springfield Area
- St. Louis
Update: Is Marijuana Telemedicine legal in Missouri?
Yes Missouri residents can do telemedicine from their homes for medical marijuana appointments!
Other Missouri Marijuana and Dispensary Info
Find a list of conditions that qualify for marijuana in Missouri
Find a Missouri dispensary near you!
Missouri dispensary deals have been updated.
Schedule a Missouri medical marijuana appointment
Other Missouri Marijuana and Dispensary Info
4/29/20 – Missouri Marijuana Dispensaries to Open Mid-Summer, DHSS Director Says. Medical marijuana has technically been legal in Missouri since January 1, but dispensaries have been unable to open until they meet seed-to-sale requirements that mandate that marijuana sold in Missouri must be grown from seeds starting from the time that medical marijuana is officially legal. And with coronavirus lockdowns affecting, well, everything, it has been unclear when the dispensaries will be able to open, or even when inspectors will be able to have a look at the sites where marijuana will be sold in order to give them the OK.
Dr. Randall W. Williams, director of Missouri’s Department of Health and Senior Services, shed some light on that subject this afternoon in response to a question from a reporter during today’s coronavirus briefing. While he admits that medical marijuana has been only a tiny fraction of his concern in light of the pandemic (an understandable position), he says that inspectors will be able to head to the dispensary sites starting on May 4, when the state’s stay-at-home order is lifted. He says further that the dispensaries are currently looking at opening mid-summer, which he then clarifies would mean “late July, early August.”