Marijuana Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
CalmEffect Special Cookies for Santa
Santa is a busy guy, he just deserves some ooey-gooey CalmEffect Special Cookies for Santa to take the edge off his hectic day. Try this delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe for anyone who uses medicinal marijuana because making appetizing recipes is one of the most enjoyable and convenient ways to get a dose of cannabis.
CLICK HERE for info on how to get the card.
Getting Your Ingredients for Your CalmEffect Special Cookies for Santa Marijuana Chocolate Chip Cookies
After you’ve prepared the cannabutter (recipes in the next section), it's time to get the other necessary ingredients together for your cannabis chocolate chip cookies. Overall, this is a relatively easy recipe that should produce about 30 cookies and take about 45 minutes in total, including prep and baking time.
Here are the ingredients necessary to make this marijuana cookies recipe:
- 3/4 cup cannabutter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 cup walnuts, chopped, or 1/2 cup pretzels, crushed, for extra texture
Making Your CalmEffect Special Cookies for Santa Marijuana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (turn on the convection setting if the oven has it).
- Next, grease two cookie sheets with normal butter or line them with parchment paper. If you only have one baking sheet, let it cool down completely before using it for the second batch of cookies.
- In a small saucepan, melt the cannabutter and then allow it to cool down slightly. Alternatively, place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in bursts of 30 seconds until it's completely melted.
- Place the eggs, brown and white sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the melted butter and whisk until the contents are smooth.
- Then, in a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt. Once the dry ingredients are incorporated, slowly stir the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the other optional ingredients, if using.
- Scoop out about 1/4 cup of cookie dough for each cookie and drop onto the prepared pans. Ensure there are about 2–3 inches between each marijuana cookie.
- Bake cookies for 12 to 16 minutes. Cookies baked for shorter periods of time will be chewier while cookies baked longer will be crunchier. Wait for the pan to cool for a few minutes before you transfer the marijuana cookies to a rack for cooling.
- Store the marijuana chocolate chip cookies in a sealed container. They should last for about five days.
Ultimately, this cannabis cookie recipe is designed to give you the perfect marijuana chocolate chip cookie. As medical cannabis consumers increasingly embrace elements of the foodie movement, expect more interesting and useful recipes incorporating cannabis on the horizon.
Easy Recipe for Cannabutter
Below we outline two easy methods for making your own cannabis butter, the secret ingredient for the CalmEffect Special Cookies for Santa
Ingredients for Cannabutter
- 1 lb unsalted, high-quality butter
- 1 oz ground cannabis or 1 1/2 oz high-quality cannabis trim*
- 1 cup water, plus more as needed
*Adjust amount of cannabis used for desired potency.
Method #1: Stove-Top Cannabutter
For this method, some people choose to use cannabis that has already been used via a dry herb vaporizer. Vaporization doesn't always decarboxylate THC completely but using the leftovers to make cannabutter is a great way to get a little extra use from your cannabis.
How to Make Cannabutter on the Stove Top
- In a large stockpot, combine the water and butter over low heat.
- Allow the water to come to a simmer as the butter melts, adding water as needed and stirring frequently to prevent the butter from scorching.
- Once the butter is completely melted and the mixture achieves a smooth texture, add the cannabis.
- Continue to simmer the mixture on low heat for two to three hours, stirring occasionally. Don't allow the mixture to boil.
Method #2: Making Cannabutter in a Slow Cooker
If you're new to making cannabutter, you may prefer the slow-cooker method. This decreases the risk of burning the butter and ensures that the THC decarboxylates properly.
How to Make Cannabutter in a Slower Cooker
- Place the water, butter and cannabis in the bowl of the slow cooker.
- Cover and allow the mixture to cook on low for 8 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally. The longer the butter infuses, the stronger you cannabutter will be.
4 Tips for Better Cannabutter
It takes some practice to make the perfect cannabis butter, so don't be discouraged if the first batch you cook up isn't what you had in mind. Follow these tips for better cannabutter:
1. Store Your Cannabutter in a Glass Container - After you've simmered your cannabis butter for the desired amount of time, pour it into a clean, sterilized glass container. This prevents the transfer of harmful plastic chemicals into the hot butter.
2. Strain Your Cannabutter With Cheesecloth - For finer, silkier cannabis butter, pour the mixture through cheesecloth or a fine strainer to separate the plant material from the butter. Squeeze the plant material to rid it of all excess moisture before discarding it.
3. Allow Cannabutter & Water to Separate -Cover and refrigerate your cannabutter overnight before using it. This will cause the cannabutter to harden and separate from the water. Once this happens, you can remove the hardened cannabis for use and discard the water.
4. Soften Cannabutter at Room Temperature - Don't use a microwave to soften your cannabutter, as this may damage the chemical compounds in it. Instead, allow the cannabutter to sit at room temperature before using it in a recipe.
While many people believe that making cannabis butter at home is difficult, these simple methods make the process easy. By following the above tips, you can produce silky, delicious cannabutter that's ideal for use in a wide variety of medicinal recipes.
Cookie and Cannabutter Recipes Courteousy of HelloMD