Medical Marijuana in Georgia
Because Georgia’s medical marijuana law only provides protection from prosecution if a qualified patient possesses a legal amount of oil, there is no provision in Georgia law that suggests how a patient might actually obtain medical marijuana. In summary: Georgia’s medical marijuana law does not legalize the production or sale of marijuana, it simply decriminalizes its possession by certain qualified individuals.
Georgia – Qualifying Conditions:
Who is eligible for the “Low THC Oil Registry Card”?
There are three categories of persons who may apply for the card:
- an adult who has one or more of the diseases specified in the law;
- legal guardians of an adult who has one or more of the diseases specified in the law;
- parents or legal guardians of a minor child who has one or more of the diseases specified in the law.
What conditions or diseases are covered by the law?
The law lists the following conditions and diseases which qualify for the Low THC Oil Registry, Medical Marijuana Conditions for Georgia:
- Cancer, when such diagnosis is end stage or the treatment produces related wasting illness or recalcitrant nausea and vomiting
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, when such diagnosis is severe or end-stage
- Seizure disorders related to the diagnosis of epilepsy or trauma related head injuries
- Multiple sclerosis, when such diagnosis is severe or end-stage
- Crohn’s disease
- Mitochondrial disease
- Parkinson’s disease, when such diagnosis is severe or end-stage
- Sickle cell disease, when such diagnosis is severe or end-stage
- Tourette’s syndrome, when such syndrome is diagnosed as severe
- Autism spectrum disorder, when (a) the patient is 18 years of age or more, or (b) the patient is less than 18 years of age and diagnosed with severe autism
- Epidermolysis bullosa
- Alzheimer’s disease, when such disease is severe or end-stage
- AIDS when such syndrome is severe or end-stage
- Peripheral neuropathy, when symptoms are severe or end-stage
- The patient is in hospice program, either as inpatient or outpatient
- Intractable pain
- Post-traumatic stress disorder resulting from direct exposure to or witnessing of a trauma for a patient who is at least 18 years of age
By following these steps, if your doctor recommends medical marijuana as a solution for your condition and unique symptoms, you’ll be eligible for a medical marijuana card with access to our growing roster of dispensaries across the entire state. Mail-order and walk ins are available.
If you are ready to start your journey with Medical Marijuana in Georgia, we are here to help you.
Where to Buy Marijuana in Georgia
Visit our Marijuana Dispensary Locations Page for Georgia to find out where you can access your meds.Click Here
Georgia Medical Marijuana Doctors: Our Service Areas
Our roster of Medical Cannabis Doctors are ready to serve you in these areas and more. Once connecting with a Doctor through Calm Effect, you will have access to our roster of medical marijuana dispensary locations:
Our informed advisors can connect you with a Medical Marijuana in Georgia Doctor and the medical marijuana dispensary closest to you.
Go Natural with Alternative Natural Medicine.
Ready to Inquire?
To inquire about getting your medicinal cannabis prescription, FIND A DOCTOR and schedule an exam today with a local GA doctor.GET INFORMATION
Thank you again to our thousands of supporters, clients, and business partners. Together we will make certain that more people are made aware of this life-changing natural option for symptom relief.
We are dedicated to helping you find your way to a better life with natural alternative medicine. We are confident you will be happy you took the first step to the possibility of a symptom-free life. Now is your time.