Medical Marijuana Conditions for Minnesota - Are You Eligible?
Medical Marijuana Conditions for Minnesota
Medical Marijuana Conditions for Minnesota - Qualifying Conditions:
Medical Marijuana Conditions for Minnesota are as follows (Updated February 10, 2020).
MEDICAL MARIJUANA CONDITIONS FOR MINNESOTA - QUALIFYING CONDITIONS
QUALIFYING MEDICAL CONDITIONS FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA FOR MINNESOTA
Only patients who are legal Minnesota residents and have been diagnosed with one of the qualifying conditions are eligible to receive medical cannabis in Minnesota.
- Cancer associated with
- severe/chronic pain,
- nausea or
- severe vomiting, or
- cachexia or
- severe wasting
- Tourette Syndrome
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Seizures, including those characteristic of Epilepsy
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of Multiple Sclerosis.
- Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease
- Terminal illness, with a probable life expectancy of less than one year*
- Intractable pain
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Patients can be certified beginning on July 1, 2019:
*To qualify for the program, you must suffer from cancer or a terminal illness with a probable life expectancy of under one year, if your illness or its treatment produces one or more of the following: severe or chronic pain; nausea or severe vomiting; or Cachexia or severe wasting.
Chapter 311 - S.F. No. 2470
Subd 14 Qualifying medical condition.
Before you may register for the program, a doctor, physician assistant or advanced practice registered nurse must first certify your condition.
- Schedule an appointment with your doctor, physician assistant or advanced practice registered nurse. These are the only health care practitioners authorized to certify your condition.
- Keep in mind: The OMC does not maintain a list of preferred practitioners. It is your responsibility to meet with a qualified health care practitioner.
- Go to the OMC website and print the Patient Email and Acknowledgement Form (PDF).
On the Patient Email and Acknowledgement Form you’ll need to:
- Write in the email address you’d like to use to receive private messages about your health. If you do not already have a non-employer based email address, consider setting up a new personal email account before your appointment.)
- Bring this form along with you to your appointment and give it to your health care practitioner.
- During your visit, ask your practitioner for an appointment summary and a list of the medications that are currently prescribed to you. Take these documents with you when you go pick up your medical cannabis.
After you meet with your health care practitioner, you’ll receive an email from the OMC that will contain:
- Confirmation of your condition by your health care practitioner.
- Your unique registration link for the Medical Cannabis Patient Registry.
Once you receive your certification email, you will be ready to register. Before you click on the registration link, gather your:
- Government-issued ID: state ID, driver’s license or passport
- If applicable, your government medical assistance plan ID: CHAMPVA, Medicaid or MinnesotaCare, Social Security Disability (SSD) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Camera or a camera-equipped mobile phone to capture/scan images of your IDs
- Credit/debit card or check — the program’s payment processor, U.S. Bank, accepts all of the above methods of payment for the annual registration fee
When your account has been approved, you’ll be notified by email. Then you may move on to the last part of the process — Step 3: Receive.
Congratulations! You are now officially registered with the program.
To purchase medical cannabis, you will need to complete and submit a Patient Self-Evaluation Form. If you are under 18 — or if at your certification appointment, your health care practitioner determined you need a caregiver — the person who is authorized to pick up your medical cannabis on your behalf will also need to fill out this form.
To access the form:
- Log in to your account on the Medical Cannabis Patient Registry.
- Submit a new Patient Self-Evaluation Form each time you request medical cannabis.
CHECK OUT OUR HELPFUL VIDEOS on everything you need to know about Medical Marijuana.
Here at CalmEffect, we make it our mission to educate the public about medical marijuana. We believe it is vitally important for folks to know and understand how this natural alternative can help to improve their lives. We have helped thousands of people find significant symptom relief from many medical ailments by affordably connecting patients with qualified medical marijuana doctors all across the United States. There is no better time to begin your journey to a better life.
Or call us now at 954-789-0482
By following our proven 3-step process, if your doctor recommends medical marijuana as a solution for your condition, you'll be eligible for getting your medical marijuana card!
Feel free to contact us and we'd be happy to walk you through the process of getting your medical marijuana card in the United States. Want more specifics on getting medical marijuana in 2020 and beyond? Fill out the form above or check out these additional helpful content links.