To inquire about getting your medicinal marijuana card, FIND A DOCTOR and schedule a consultation today with one of our advisors, ready to talk to you now.
Medical Marijuana Card in Arizona (AZ)
Are you looking to get your medical marijuana card in Arizona state? The talented team of medical card consultants here at CalmEffect are here to help guide you through every single step of the process.
See a Medical Marijuana Doctor
Medical cannabis can be used for many different symptoms and patients can often get a bit confused by the process. Let our talented staff help you.
Simple 3 Step Process
Want to get your medical cannabis prescription quickly and efficiently? Our 3 step process allows you to get in contact with a doctor near you fast.
Am I Eligible?
If you are in a medical marijuana state, and suffer from a condition that can be treated with cannabis, inquire with our medical card consultants for a consultation today!
Qualifying Conditions for Medical Marijuana in Arizona
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or treatment for chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that causes:
o Cachexia or wasting syndrome
o Severe chronic pain
o Severe nausa
o Seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy
o Severe or persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of multiple sclerosis
Getting an Arizona Medical Marijuana Card
Consult a Doctor:
· Allopathic (MD), osteopathic (DO), homeopathic [MD(H) or DO(H)], and naturopathic [NMD or ND] physicians who have a physician-patient relationship with the patient may write certifications for medical marijuana. The physician must hold a valid Arizona license
· You will need current (within the last calendar year) medical records documenting your diagnosis with one of the above conditions. If you have not yet been diagnosed with a qualifying condition, you will need to make an appointment with a licensed physician to formally obtain the diagnosis.
How to Get Your Card:
· Once you have your medical records in hand, you’ll need the following to file your medical marijuana card application with the assistance of your doctor:
o An Arizona photo ID issued after 1996 (driver’s license, identiﬁcation card, or US Passport). Note: You may need an electronic copy of this—i.e., take a digital photo of the front and back of the ID.
o A Mastercard or Visa debit, credit, or prepaid card. This is required to pay the Arizona Department of Health State’s $150 application fee.
o A digital photograph of the patient. Note the specs here: ADHS specifically requires a photo taken within the past 60 days; it must be 2 inches by 2 inches in size, or minimum 600×600 pixels, maximum 1200×1200 pixels; it must be in “passport photo” style, face-fronting with no hats or headgear, with a plain white background.
How much does a Medical Marijuana Card in Arizona cost?
· Standard application fee is $150. Arizona discounts this fee to $75 for participants in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, or food stamp card).
· Your SNAP card must have your first name on the front. If it does not, the state will need to see your SNAP approval letter from D.E.S. (the state Department of Economic Security).
· Fees for processing the application will vary by physician. Typically they range between $150 and $300.
How long does it take to get a Medical Marijuana card in Arizona?
How Long it Takes to Get Your Card:
· Once the Arizona Department of Health receives the application from your physician, processing time can take as little as 3-5 business days or as much as two weeks. Initial notification is sent to the patient via email.
· Once your application has been approved by the Arizona Department of Health, your medical marijuana card should arrive at your mailing address within 3-10 business days.
Our 3- Step Doctor Process Works.
By following these steps, if your doctor recommends medical marijuana as a solution for your condition and unique symptoms, you'll be eligible for a Arizona medical marijuana card with access to our growing roster of dispensaries across the entire state. Mail-order and walk ins are available.
Arizona Medical Marijuana Doctors: Our Service Areas
Our roster of Medical Cannabis Doctors are ready to serve you in these areas and more. Once connecting with a Doctor through Calm Effect, you will have access to our roster of medical marijuana dispensary locations:
- Casa Grande
- Lake Havasu City
- Sierra Vista
- & More