Cost to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Florida
How much is a medical marijuana card in florida (updated for 2021)?
There are three basic buckets associated with the cost to get a medical marijuana card in Florida
- The Doctors appointment
- The State registration
- The Medicine (medical marijuana)
What Do Doctors in Florida Charge for Medical Marijuana Appointments? Cost to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Florida
We've seen appointments as high as $350 and as low as $99 across Florida. In 2020 you should be able to find appointments that are around $149 and we expect this price to hold stable in 2021.
First, you need to see the doctor. Doctors’ fees can break down into multiple parts.
- Initial Visit
- Doctor paperwork/data entry (many doctors don’t charge for this).
- Follow-up visits before the 7-month mark (many doctors don’t charge for this).
- Prescription refills (many doctors don’t charge for this)
- Follow-up visits every 7 months, the minimum mandated by the state of Florida.
You should be able to find doctors that charge an affordable one-time fee that includes the doctor processing and 7 months of prescriptions/recommendations and don’t require any follow-up visits from you until the 7-month mark (which is the Florida state minimum).
What Does the State Charge for a Florida Medical Marijuana Card? Cost to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Florida.
First, you should know that you can pay online or via mail. We strongly recommend online. It’s much faster and easier!
The fee is $75 per year, and the state does charge you a few bucks extra to pay online, but it’s worth it. Note: you need a credit card or debit card to pay online. If the only reason that you aren’t paying online is that you don’t have a credit card, consider putting cash on a prepaid debit card so you can use it for this payment.
7 month medical marijuana recertification?
Since Florida only allows a Doctor to give you 7 months worth of prescription, you need to get recertified at least every 7 months. We recommend scheduling that appointment at around the 6 month mark for a couple weeks later.
You can see the doctor you saw last time for your recertification, but you can change doctors if you'd like.
If you feel that your doctor has been providing great service for the fee, than by all means, stick with that doctor. But, if you haven't heard from your doctor since the last appointment, there may be more affordable options for you.
CalmEffect doctors typically charge $99-$149 for recertifications, so there are money savings over the long haul.
How Much Does Medical Marijuana Cost in Florida?
We know you probably want a specific answer, but, unfortunately, that depends. It depends on how much you take, what method, and how often. Here are the highlights:
- Products start at about $25 and go up.
- The average patient spends $100 to $200 a month, but that means that there are many that spend less, and many that spend more. It depends on you!
- We also recommend that you start off low and see what you like.
- Remember, this is not like marijuana that a “friend” of yours may have smoked way back when.
- There’s a lot of options for you to find your relief.
There you have it.. the basics on the Cost to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Florida and the costs associated with Medical Marijuana.
Check out our other articles/videos on:
We are here for you. Reach out to us anytime and we will work to solve your issue or answer your questions.