Cost to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Florida
What Does it Cost to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Florida?
There are three basic buckets associated with the cost to get a medical marijuana card in Florida
- The Doctors appointment
- The State registration
- The Medicine (medical marijuana)
What do doctors in Florida charge for medical marijuana appointments?
First, you need to see the doctor. Doctors’ fees can break down into multiple parts.
- Initial Visit
- Doctor paperwork/data entry (many doctors don’t charge for this).
- Follow-up visits before the 7-month mark (many doctors don’t charge for this).
- Prescription refills (many doctors don’t charge for this)
- Follow-up visits every 7 months, the minimum mandated by the state of Florida.
You should be able to find doctors that charge an affordable one-time fee that includes the doctor processing and 7 months of prescriptions/recommendations and don’t require any follow-up visits from you until the 7-month mark (which is the Florida state minimum).
What does the State charge for a Florida medical marijuana card?
First, you should know that you can pay online or via mail. We strongly recommend online. It’s much faster and easier!
The fee is $75 per year, and the state does charge you a few bucks extra to pay online, but it’s worth it. Note: you need a credit card or debit card to pay online. If the only reason that you aren’t paying online is that you don’t have a credit card, consider putting cash on a prepaid debit card so you can use it for this payment.
How much does medical marijuana cost in Florida?
We know you probably want a specific answer, but, unfortunately, that depends. It depends on how much you take, what method, and how often. Here are the highlights:
- Products start at about $25 and go up.
- The average patient spends $100 to $200 a month, but that means that there are many that spend less, and many that spend more. It depends on you!
- We also recommend that you start off low and see what you like.
- Remember, this is not like marijuana that a “friend” of yours may have smoked way back when.
- There’s a lot of options for you to find your relief.
There you have it.. the basics on the Cost to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Florida and the costs associated with Medical Marijuana.
Check out our other articles/videos on: